Disciplines of Lacrosse
- played on a standard sized arena floor.
- features 6 players (goaltender and five runners).
- similar to basketball with all 5 runners involved in the offence and the defence.
- speed and excitement are created by a 30-second shot clock.
Men's Field Lacrosse
- played outdoors on a 100m x 55m field.
- teams consist of 10 players, consisting of a goalí tender, 3 attackers, 3 midfielders and 3 defenders.
- differs from box lacrosse in the style of play and strategy. Thereisn't a 30-second shot clock - thus the game is more strategic andrelies more heavily on possession and control of the ball.
Women's Field Lacrosse
- a quick, free-flowing game.
- played on a 100m x 55m field with 12 players per side.
- women's field lacrosse is a non-contact sport.
- no aggressive checking with either the stick or the body is allowed.
- the newest form of the game.
- participants use a moulded plastic stick and a soft, air-filled ball.
- easyto play, adaptable to many environments, and participants quickly learnthe fundamental Lacrosse skills of scooping, carrying, passing,catching the ball.
- an ideal activity and game for the educational and recreational systems.